Changing Your Display Name
Your display name is what other users see when they visit your profile, so you might want to update it from time to time. It's super easy to do; just follow these simple steps: (Note these steps detail the process on the Audius Music desktop website, the steps for the mobile app are similar but not identical)
- Log in to your Audius Music account.
- Head over to your profile by clicking on your profile picture in the corner.
- Look for the "Edit" button, which should be on the right, directly underneath your cover photo.
- Click on the "Edit" button to begin editing your profile details.
- Click on the pencil icon beside your current Display Name, and start typing!
- Once you’re done, hit the "Save Changes" button to confirm your changes.
Voila! Your display name is now updated! Your fans and followers will see your new name when viewing your profile.
What About Handles?
Now you may be wondering about changing your handle (the unique @username that identifies your account). Handles are permanent and cannot be changed. We know, we know – it's a bummer.
If you really need to change your handle, your best option would be to create a new account. Just remember that you'll need a new email address to sign up (even if you delete your original account), and you'll have to re-upload your tracks and rebuild your following.